Greg's Shrimp & Grits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) 21-25 Shrimp Peeled & deveined. Tails off
- 3 tablespoon(s) Tex-Joy Steak Seasoning or your favorite Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon(s) Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Oregano
- 1 pound(s) Andouille sausage diced
- 1 bunch(es) green onions diced
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) quick grits
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 4 ounce(s) sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- Combine the shrimp seasonings and sprinkle over the shrimp to coat. Set aside.
- Make your grits. In a sauce pan bring water,chicken broth and butter to a boil. Slowly add the grits, whisking often with a wire whisk for 5 minutes. Add cream and cheese. Continue whisking for 2 to 3 minutes more until the grits get good and ceamy. Adding more butter and cream is not a bad thing in this step. You want your grits to be smooth and creamy. NO LUMPS.
- Melt some butter in a saute' pan and add the minced garlic and the white part of the green onions. Stir for about 30 seconds then add the Andouille. Cook the sausage about 4-5 minutes and then add the spice coated shrimp. Cook until just done. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Remove the shrimp/sausage leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Add the flour and stir to make a roux. Cook the roux for 10-15 minutes until it reaches a medium tan color then slowly add the chicken broth stirring constantly. Whisk in the heavy cream and cook for about 2 minutes. Whisk in the worchestershire and Tabasco.
- To serve put a heaping spoonful of grits in a bowl and ladle the sauce on top of the grits. Add the shrimp/sausage and top it all off with the green onion tops. Enjoy
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Greg Ray and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Greg's Shrimp & Grits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes