This was very good. I made it as a quick side so I didn't have time to chill it. I just ran the corn under cold water after roasting it. Also, I didn't have the salad greens so I used about half a package of baby spinach which I chopped up. Like another reviewer I don't think there was enough corn for all of the greens. Because there was less bulk I only used about half of the dressing. I will definitely make it again.
Greens with Roasted Corn and Pepper Salad
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell and Melanie J. Clarke
Roast the corn up to 2 days ahead. Combine the corn with all but the greens and pine nuts an hour before dinner, then finish assembling the salad just before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 324mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels,thawed
- 5 ounces bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10-ounce) packages Italian-blend salad greens (about 12 cups)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat broiler.
- Place corn on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Cool.
- Combine corn, bell peppers, onions, and jalapeño pepper in a large bowl. Combine sour cream, vinegar, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add sour cream mixture to corn mixture, tossing to coat; chill 1 hour.
- Divide greens evenly among 8 plates; top each serving with about 1/3 cup corn mixture and about 1 teaspoon pine nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables