Greens with Chèvre and Berries
Notes: Basil-flavor olive oil is available in well-stocked supermarkets and specialty food shops. If making vinaigrette (step 1) up to 2 hours ahead, cover and let stand at room temperature.
Yield: Makes 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 67mg
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil-flavor or plain extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 quarts salad mix (about 12 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- 4 ounces fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 2-cup glass measure or small microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cranberries, apricots, and vinegar. Heat in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until steaming, about 1 minute. Let stand at room temperature or chill until cool.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, whirl fruit mixture until smooth. Pour purée back into glass measure; add oil and whisk to blend.
- 3. Put greens in a wide, shallow bowl. Add 2/3 of the vinaigrette and mix gently to coat. Scatter cheese, blueberries, and remaining cranberries evenly over greens. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads