- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil-flavor or plain extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 quarts salad mix (about 12 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- 4 ounces fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- calories 133
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- protein 3 g
- fat 9.1 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 67 mg
- cholesterol 9 mg
How to Make It
In a 2-cup glass measure or small microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cranberries, apricots, and vinegar. Heat in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until steaming, about 1 minute. Let stand at room temperature or chill until cool.
In a blender or food processor, whirl fruit mixture until smooth. Pour purée back into glass measure; add oil and whisk to blend.
Put greens in a wide, shallow bowl. Add 2/3 of the vinaigrette and mix gently to coat. Scatter cheese, blueberries, and remaining cranberries evenly over greens. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste.