Greens, Tomato and White Bean Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 14.5 ounce(s) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15 ounce(s) can white kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 14.5 ounce(s) cans reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cup(s) chopped dandelion greens or escarole (about 1 bunch)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) whole-grain orzo or other small shape pasta
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1. In a large pot over medium-high, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onions are soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Add the broth, tomatoes, orzo, red pepper flakes, black pepper and water. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until the pasta is tender, about 6 minutes.
- 3. Add the beans and greens, then cook, stirring often, until the greens are tender, about another 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note