Greens Salad with Roasted Peppers
Notes: Greens Restaurant roasts the red peppers on-site, but canned ones work well.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 137
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 231mg
- Cholesterol: 3.2mg
- 1 cup canned roasted red peppers
- About 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- About 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 to 12 niçoise or calamata olives
- 8 to 12 baguette slices (about 1/4 in. thick)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mild red onion
- 10 cup (about 10 oz.) spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (about 2 oz.) frisée or curly endive, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut peppers into 1/4-inch-wide strips and put in a wide salad bowl. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 3 tablespoons vinegar, garlic, and olives; mix.
- 2. Brush baguette slices lightly on 1 side with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon total). Lay oiled side up in a 10- by 15-inch pan. Bake in a 375° oven until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes; cool on a rack.
- 3. To bowl, add onion, spinach, and frisée; mix, and season to taste with more vinegar and salt.
- 4. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over high heat, about 1 minute. Pour over salad and mix. Add cheese and baguette slices; mix again.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads