- 1 cup canned roasted red peppers
- About 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- About 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 to 12 niçoise or calamata olives
- 8 to 12 baguette slices (about 1/4 in. thick)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mild red onion
- 10 cup (about 10 oz.) spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (about 2 oz.) frisée or curly endive, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- calories 137
- caloriesfromfat 61 %
- protein 4.1 g
- fat 9.2 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- sodium 231 mg
- cholesterol 3.2 mg
How to Make It
Cut peppers into 1/4-inch-wide strips and put in a wide salad bowl. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 3 tablespoons vinegar, garlic, and olives; mix.
Brush baguette slices lightly on 1 side with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon total). Lay oiled side up in a 10- by 15-inch pan. Bake in a 375° oven until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes; cool on a rack.
To bowl, add onion, spinach, and frisée; mix, and season to taste with more vinegar and salt.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over high heat, about 1 minute. Pour over salad and mix. Add cheese and baguette slices; mix again.