This was very good and easy. Also put the collards in at the beginning. Used chicken broth as that's what I had. I don't think the brown sugar and dijon were necessary, broth was very salty so will omit at least the dijon next time.
Good Luck Greens and Peas with Ham
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 7 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 (32-oz.) container vegetable broth
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen black-eyed peas, thawed
- 1 sweet onion, cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 (5- to 6-lb.) smoked, fully cooked semiboneless ham
- 1 (1-lb.) package shredded fresh collard greens
- 1. Place first 5 ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir together brown sugar and mustard; rub mixture over ham. Place ham in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or until ham is tender.
- 2. Uncover and add collard greens. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour or until tender. Slice ham, and serve with greens mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note