Greens, Mushroom and White Bean Ragoût
Serve this hearty and saucy combination of leafy greens, mushrooms and beans over whole grain brown rice or whole wheat pasta. Use 1 (16-ounce) package of frozen dark leafy greens instead of fresh greens for a quick shortcut. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2887.
Yield: 6 servings
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Marsala or red wine
- 4 teaspoon(s) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 12 ounce(s) fresh mushrooms, button or wild or a mixture of both, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoon(s) whole spelt or whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 15-ounce can(s) no-salt-added Great Northern or other white beans, rinsed and drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans
- 1 pound(s) (1 to 2 bunches) dark leafy greens, such as collards, kale or mustard greens, tough stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Bring 3/4 cup broth to a simmer in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine, rosemary and thyme and cook about 2 minutes or until wine evaporates. Add mushrooms and reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms release their liquid and begin to become tender, stirring once. Stir in remaining 1 3/4 cups broth and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together tamari, flour, nutritional yeast and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the hot broth to make a thick paste. Whisk paste into the simmering broth mixture, stirring constantly. Bring back to a simmer and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Stir in beans and greens, in batches if needed, cover and cook 5 minutes or until greens are wilted and heated through, stirring once. Stir in black pepper and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes