- 2 pkg. (12 oz. each) extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup white miso
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces romaine lettuce leaves (from 1 large head), coarsely torn
- 8 ounces thinly sliced red cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely shredded
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- calories 391
- caloriesfromfat 57 %
- protein 25 g
- fat 25 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 5.4 g
- sodium 1855 mg
- cholesterol 1.9 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill to medium-high (450°). Meanwhile, cut each tofu block crosswise into 6 slices. Lay slices between paper towels, press out excess water, then transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Whisk sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne, and garlic powder together in a small bowl and pour over tofu slices, turning to coat both sides.
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Transfer tofu slices to grill and cook until grill marks form on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side (tofu may stick a little).
Mix lettuce, cabbage, mushrooms, green onions, and carrot in a large bowl. Toss with three-quarters of dressing. Divide salad among 4 dinner plates and arrange 3 tofu slices, slightly overlapping, on top of each. Drizzle remaining dressing over tofu and sprinkle with sesame seeds.