Greens and Quinoa Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 large bunch chicory (1 to 1 1/4 lb), cut into bite-sized pieces (I used Kale)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded (I used 4 c. baby spinach)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated aged goat cheese (omitted)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten (I used 4 whites)
- Place quinoa in small saucepan, and toast over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until almost dry.
- Ad 1 cup water (I used vegetable stock), and season with salt.
- Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and transfer to large bowl.
- Heat large pot over medium heat.
- Add chicory, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until wilted, stirring frequently or tossing with tongs.
- Add romaine, and wilt 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer greens to strainer, and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Transfer to cutting board, and chop into small pieces.
- Stir into quinoa.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tbsp. EVOO in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, and saut 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Add cooked onions, green onions, dill, feta cheese, and goat cheese to quinoa mixture.
- Stir in eggs; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour 1 tbsp EVOO into 9" pie pan, and place in oven. hat 5 minutes, or until oil is hot. swirl oil to coat bottom of pan, then spread quinoa mixture in pan with spatula.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Drizzle pie with remaining 1 tbsp EVOO, and bake 20 to 30 minutes more, or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by leizalou and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Greens and Quinoa Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes