Really easy to put together and very elegant looking.
Green Zebra Tomato and Crab Stacks
Chilled plates add to the appeal of this starter. Serve two stacks over a bed of mixed greens, and top with a little chopped avocado for a refreshing main dish salad.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 89
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 513mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 pound Dungeness crabmeat
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) slices Green Zebra tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 6 tarragon sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add crabmeat; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Place one tomato slice on each of 6 plates; sprinkle evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide crab mixture evenly over tomatoes. Arrange remaining tomato slices over crab mixture; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Garnish with tarragon springs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers