A beautiful summer salad. Super ripe tomatoes pair perfectly with the basil and feta, and the tomato juices coat the crisp-tender beans to perfection. Definitely recommend seeking out wax beans for prettiest presentation.
Green and Yellow Bean Salad with Chunky Tomato Dressing and Feta Cheese
Randy Mayor; Mary Catherine Muir
Yellow wax beans in the salad complement a traditional green bean salad nicely. If wax beans are unavailable, use extra green beans in their place.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 67
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 3/4 pound wax beans, trimmed
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook beans in boiling water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine the tomato and next 4 ingredients (tomato through pepper) in a bowl. Divide the beans evenly among 8 plates. Spoon 1/4 cup tomato mixture over the beans. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sliced basil and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads