Green and Yellow Bean Salad with Chive Dressing
Notes: If making ahead, wrap cold beans airtight and chill up to 1 day.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 79
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 67mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 pound small, slender green beans
- 3/4 pound small, slender yellow wax beans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- Whole fresh chives
- 1. In a covered 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to boiling.
- 2. Remove ends and any strings from green and yellow beans. Rinse beans and add to boiling water. Cook, uncovered, until beans are tender-crisp when pierced, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, then immerse in ice water until cool, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain again.
- 3. In a wide salad bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and chopped chives. Add beans and mix with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with whole chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads