21st-Century Green Top Salad
"This recipe has the sweet, fruity flavors of Grandma Lula Mae's salad, but made for today," Libbie says. "I think Grandma would surely approve."
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 to 4 drops green liquid food coloring (optional)
- 1 (7-oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water in a medium bowl. Let stand 2 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over gelatin mixture, and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- 2. Slowly whisk in sweetened condensed milk and next 2 ingredients. Fold in pineapple. Stir in green food coloring, if desired. Pour mixture into a 4-cup ring mold, and chill 4 hours or until set. Gently run a small knife around outer edge of mold to break seal. Dip bottom of mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Unmold salad onto a serving plate.
- 3. Beat marshmallow crème and cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup yogurt. Serve with gelatin salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note