Green Tomato-Tomatillo-Corn Pudding
- 6 tomatillos, husked
- 4 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (4 ears)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons self-rising cornmeal
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Toss together first 6 ingredients in an aluminum foil-lined jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until tomatillos and tomatoes are tender. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- Stir together egg yolks and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in tomatillo mixture and cheese. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This