- 6 tomatillos, husked
- 4 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (4 ears)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons self-rising cornmeal
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Toss together first 6 ingredients in an aluminum foil-lined jellyroll pan.
Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until tomatillos and tomatoes are tender. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 375°.
Stir together egg yolks and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in tomatillo mixture and cheese. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.