Green Tomato Soup
A good way to use the end of the season green tomatoes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- additional seasonings (garam masala, italian seasonings, paprika) to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 green tomatoes chopped
- 4 red tomatoes chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh corn kernels
- 2 can(s) black beans & kidney beans
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- Pinch of sugar & dash of lemon juice to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro & parsley for topping
- your favorite bread
- 1. In a stockpot heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, saute until soft. (For a twist, omit oil and cook up some bacon. Crumble and set aside. Use bacon fat to saute onions.)
- 2. Stir in the cumin powder, other spices, tomatoes, carrots, and corn. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add drained beans.
- 4. Stir in vegetable broth, reduce heat to low and cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and additional seasonings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CookWithKristy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Tomato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews