Green Tomato Pie
Yield: one 9-inch pie
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium-size green tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded
- Cheddar cheese
- Bake pastry shell at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over tomatoes; dredge in flour. Fry tomato slices in hot oil in a large skillet until browned, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle onion and olives in bottom of pastry shell. Arrange tomatoes over vegetables.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, and cheese, beating well. Pour over vegetables. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables