Green Tomato Pie
- Pastry for 1 double-crust (9-inch) pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 small green tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes; cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon rind and cinnamon; continue cooking 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Pour into pastry shell.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness. Cut into 3/4- inch-wide strips; arrange in a lattice fashion over filling. Trim edges; seal and flute. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note