Green Tomato Marmalade
Adapted from Christie's Corner
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup(s) water
- 4 cup(s) green tomates chopped
- 2 cup(s) cane sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger minced
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the top layer of rind from the orange and lemon, being careful not to remove any of the pith. Sliver the rind, set aside.
- Remove pulp from orange and lemon. Set pulp aside.
- In small saucepan, boil slivered rindin water for 5 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
- Place citrus rind and pulp, green tomatoes, sugar and ginger into pot with rind and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered for 2 hours or until the marmalade thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare jars, fill with hot marmalade, leaving a1/4 inch head space. Wipe rims clean. Seal with hot lids/rings. Process jars in boiling water for 10 minutes. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note