Green Tomato-Fresh Herb Crostini
Prepare tomato topping up to two days ahead; cover and store in the refrigerator. Toast bread slices one day ahead; store at room temperature in an airtight container.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 2.2mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 116mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (8.5-oz.) French bread baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green tomato, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together olive oil and garlic; brush on 1 side of each bread slice. Place bread slices, garlic sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Whisk together lemon juice and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add tomato and next 3 ingredients; gently toss to coat.
- 3. Top each bread slice with tomato mixture (about 2 rounded teaspoonfuls each). Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note