- 5 cups fresh blueberries, stemmed*
- 4 large green tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 cups sugar
- 3 (1.75-ounce) packages fruit pectin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make It
Pulse blueberries and chopped tomato in a blender or food processor 3 or 4 times or until mixture is almost smooth.
Cook blueberry mixture, 1 1/2 cups water, and sugar in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
Stir in fruit pectin and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Pour hot mixture into hot jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
Process in boiling-water bath 10 minutes.
* 5 cups frozen blueberries, thawed, may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Sure-Jell Fruit Pectin.