- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 to 8 French baguette slices, toasted
How to Make It
Sauté chopped onion and garlic in hot olive oil in a large Dutch oven until tender. Add chicken broth and next 5 ingredients; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese on each baguette slice, and place on baking sheet. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Ladle soup into individual serving bowls; top each with a toast slice.