Every one loved this dressing at a recent cookout. Really easy to make.
Green Salad with Papaya-seed Dressing
The creamy-looking dressing for this salad gets its texture and zing from sweet onions and peppery, crunchy papaya seeds. Prep Time: 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 145
- Calories from fat: 74%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 122mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 small sweet onion (such as Maui), chopped, plus 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings and rinsed with cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh papaya seeds
- 1 pound mixed salad greens
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1. In a blender, whirl vinegar, oil, chopped onion, sugar, salt, and mustard until smooth. Add papaya seeds and pulse until seeds look like coarsely ground peppercorns.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine onion rings, salad greens, and 3/4 of avocado slices; pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat. Arrange salad on a large platter and top with remaining slices of avocado.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads