I make this every Halloween and it is delish!
Green Salad with Dracula's Teeth
Notes: Up to 1 day ahead, rinse and crisp greens, seed pomegranate, and make dressing; cover separately and chill. To seed pomegranate (use an 8- to 9-oz. one), cut in half crosswise. Around the cut edge of each half, make 4 equally spaced vertical cuts, 3/4 to 1 inch long and deep. Hold 1 half, seeds down, over a deep bowl and pull the fruit open but not apart, using equal pressure from both hands. Holding the pomegranate half, seeds down, in the palm of 1 hand, whack the top of the fruit with the back of a large spoon several times; the seeds will fall out.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 27
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 5.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 quarts salad mix (about 10 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- About 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Place salad mix in a wide bowl and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix rice vinegar, orange juice, honey, and mustard. Pour over salad; mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note