Easy to make and very tasty. The only change I made was the addition of some dried cranberries.
Green Salad with Apples and Toasted Walnuts
Photo: Charles Schiller; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 794mg
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 Granny Smith or other tart apples, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread walnut pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake walnuts for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until just toasted. Pour into a bowl to cool.
- 2. Place apples in a bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. vinegar. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining vinegar, mustard, shallot and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, drizzle in olive oil and continue to whisk until smoothly blended.
- 3. Place salad greens, apples and walnuts in a large bowl. Toss with dressing just before serving.
This recipe also appeared in the October 2009 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note