- 6 ounces dry chorizo, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Spanish green olives, sliced
- 4 ounces mesclun
- 2 heads baby Bibb lettuce, leaves torn
How to Make It
Line a large microwave-safe plate with paper towels. Arrange half of the chorizo slices on the plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave at high power for 1 minute; the fat should be rendered and the chorizo slightly browned. If it is not yet browned, cover and microwave at 20-second intervals until done. Transfer the cooked chorizo to a plate to cool; it will crisp as it cools. Repeat with the remaining chorizo.
In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar and the shallots with the olive oil and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the celery, radishes, olives, mesclun and Bibb lettuce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the chorizo chips and serve right away.