Green Rice with Chicken, Peas and Almonds
- 2 whole(s) Medium onions Coarsely Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup(s) Long -grain rice
- 3 1/2 cup(s) Chicken broth
- 1 pound(s) chicken tenders Halved crosswise, Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup(s) Frozen peas Thawed
- 1/2 cup(s) Slivered almonds Lightly toasted, juice of 1 lime
- 1. Pulse the onions and parsley in a food processor until finely chopped. In a large heavy saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, add the onion mixture and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the rice and broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side. Add to the rice along with the peas and half of the almonds. Cover the rice and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into bowls and top with the remaining almonds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by moham1964 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note