- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Garnishes: baby carrot fans, fresh parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
Melt butter in a large skillet; add green onions and garlic, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or just until wilted. Stir in parsley, and add to rice mixture. Spoon into 12 lightly greased 10-ounce custard cups or individual soufflé dishes, and place in 2 (13- x 9-inch) pans. Add hot water to pans to depth of 1 inch.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from water; cool on wire racks 5 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife; unmold onto a serving platter. Garnish, if desired.