Green Peppercorn Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 shallots, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free beef broth
- 1/3 cup brandy*
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add next 3 ingredients, and sauté 2 minutes or just until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in broth, brandy, and mustard, and return to heat. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- 2. Stir together cream and cornstarch until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- *Apple juice may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments