Green Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce
Demiglace and stock bases are sold in some supermarkets, specialty food stores, and some cookware stores (such as Williams-Sonoma); reconstitute a stock base to the demiglace level to use in the sauce.
This recipe goes with Kobe Pepper Filet Mignon
More From Sunset
- Calories: 42
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 398mg
- Cholesterol: 3.9mg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 cups veal or beef demiglace
- 2 tablespoons drained green peppercorns in brine
- In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add 2 tablespoons minced shallots and stir often until limp but not brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup brandy and 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar; increase heat to medium-high and boil, stirring often, until liquid is almost evaporated, 5 to 6 minutes. Add 2 cups veal or beef demiglace (see notes); reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally and skimming off any residue that comes to the surface, for 10 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons drained green peppercorns in brine and salt to taste. Just before serving, over low heat, whisk in 2 more tablespoons butter; pour into a gravy boat.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This