Green Peppercorn Béarnaise
Notes: This béarnaise is ideal on grilled steaks. Cook sauce ahead, then warm on barbecue grill. Stir juices from sliced steak into sauce and serve.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/4 cups; 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 48
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 71mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 2/3 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves or 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons drained canned green peppercorns, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cognac or brandy
- 1. Combine shallots, vinegar, and tarragon in an 8- to 10-inch frying pan. Boil over high heat, stirring often, until all the liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add 1/2 cup cream, peppercorns, and mustard. Boil, stirring often, until cream turns a golden brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in cognac and remaining cream. (If making ahead, set aside up to 2 hours, or cover and chill up to 1 day.)
- 3. Heat sauce, stirring, until it boils. Add salt to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This