- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 4 1/2 cups frozen petite peas (1 1/2 [16-ounce] packages)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
How to Make It
Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan; add lima beans. Return to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Stir in peas and 1/2 teaspoon sugar; cook 2 minutes. Drain.
Sauté pine nuts in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat until golden. Add bean mixture, green onions, and next 3 ingredients; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons butter until melted.