Green Papaya-Turkey Tumble
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 187
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 onion (6 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced (1/4 in.) peeled, seeded green papaya
- 3/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chutney, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves (about 3 by 4 in.), rinsed and crisped
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir oil, onion, and turkey until meat is browned and crumbly, about 7 minutes.
- 2. Add curry powder; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add papaya, broth, and chutney. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until papaya is tender when pierced, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3. Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water; stir into pan. Keep stirring until sauce boils, about 1 minute. Add salt to taste. Scrape into a bowl.
- 4. To eat, spoon turkey mixture into lettuce leaves and roll up.
- Nutritional analysis per first-course serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note