- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 onion (6 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced (1/4 in.) peeled, seeded green papaya
- 3/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chutney, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves (about 3 by 4 in.), rinsed and crisped
- calories 187
- caloriesfromfat 40 %
- protein 15 g
- fat 8.2 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 102 mg
- cholesterol 55 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir oil, onion, and turkey until meat is browned and crumbly, about 7 minutes.
Add curry powder; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add papaya, broth, and chutney. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until papaya is tender when pierced, 5 to 7 minutes.
Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water; stir into pan. Keep stirring until sauce boils, about 1 minute. Add salt to taste. Scrape into a bowl.
To eat, spoon turkey mixture into lettuce leaves and roll up.
Nutritional analysis per first-course serving.