Green Papaya and Carrot Slaw
Notes: Use the shredding blade of a food processor or a hand-shredder to cut papayas for this traditional Southeast Asian salad.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 52
- Calories from fat: 3.5%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thin slivers fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded peeled, seeded green papayas (about 3/4 lb. total)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, including tops
- Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla) or salt
- 1. In a large bowl, mix vinegar, ginger, and sugar.
- 2. Add papayas, carrots, and onions; mix to blend. Add fish sauce to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note