I really liked this soup! Extremely easy, quick, and something different. Perfect in its genre. The reason I gave 3 stars only is because it is not for special occasion, but for weekday. I definitely will make this again.
Green Onion Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is often garnished with just a few sliced green onions, but this version uses a generous amount for a rich flavor. Whisked eggs are stirred into simmering broth to thicken the soup and create delicate ribbons.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 44
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Combine egg whites and egg, stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture into simmering broth mixture; stir once. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in pepper. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note