- 8 unglazed terra-cotta pots (2 1/2 to 2 3/4 in. tall and 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 in. wide, about 1/2-cup capacity)
- 8 pieces (7 1/2 in. square) cooking parchment
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- calories 211
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- protein 5.9 g
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 4 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 443 mg
- cholesterol 69 mg
How to Make It
Wash pots with soap and water, and dry well. Line pots with cooking parchment: Gently push center of a square into each pot; bend parchment edges outward slightly over edges of pots.
In a small bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well blended. Add flour mixture, yogurt, onions, and melted butter; stir just until batter is evenly moistened.
Spoon batter equally into lined pots, filling pots almost to the top. Sprinkle with caraway seed. Set pots slightly apart in a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
Bake muffins in a 400° regular or 375° convection oven until tops are lightly browned and centers are firm to touch, 18 to 20 minutes. Let muffins cool in pots 5 to 10 minutes.
Serve warm, or invert pots to remove muffins and lay on their sides on racks to cool. Serve muffins in parchment liners.
Nutritional analysis per muffin.