Green Olive Tapenade
Perfect for entertaining, you can make this flavor-packed tapenade ahead. When company comes, it's ready to go. To broil the bread, heat the broiler. Place the bread slices onto a baking sheet. Broil 7 inches from the heat for 2 minutes or until the bread slices are lightly browned on both sides, turning the bread slices over once halfway through broiling. Recipe from Campbell's Kitchen.
- 16 ounce(s) pitted green olives (about 40)
- 3 tablespoon(s) drained capers
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 10 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 loaf(s) sourdough, rosemary or French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- • Place the olives, capers and garlic into a food processor. Cover and process until the mixture is finely chopped. Add 6 tablespoons oil and the lemon juice and process just until combined. Do not overprocess to purée the mixture.
- • Spoon the tapenade into a small bowl. Stir in the oregano and black pepper.
- • Brush the bread slices with the remaining oil. Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium-high. Grill the bread slices for 4 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides, turning the bread slices over once halfway through grilling. Serve with the tapenade for dipping.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note