Green Herb Squares
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 10
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard leaves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh sorrel (or more Swiss chard)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1. In a blender or food processor, whirl almonds until very finely ground.
- 2. Add Swiss chard, onion, leeks, sorrel, mint, parsley, cilantro, dill, tarragon, eggs, flour, salt, and cayenne. Whirl until smoothly puréed. Pour into an oiled 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- 3. Bake in a 300° oven until center barely jiggles when gently shaken, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Cool and cut into 3/4- to 1-inch squares. Lift out with a wide spatula.
- Nutritional analysis per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This