- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard leaves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh sorrel (or more Swiss chard)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- calories 10
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- protein 0.6 g
- fat 0.5 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- carbohydrate 0.8 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 25 mg
- cholesterol 13 mg
How to Make It
In a blender or food processor, whirl almonds until very finely ground.
Add Swiss chard, onion, leeks, sorrel, mint, parsley, cilantro, dill, tarragon, eggs, flour, salt, and cayenne. Whirl until smoothly puréed. Pour into an oiled 8- or 9-inch square pan.
Bake in a 300° oven until center barely jiggles when gently shaken, about 30 minutes.
Cool and cut into 3/4- to 1-inch squares. Lift out with a wide spatula.
Nutritional analysis per piece.