- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 6 scallions, including about 1 inch of the green stem, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves, plus 1 tablespoon minced for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chives, roughly chopped, plus 1 tablespoon minced for garnish
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
How to Make It
Place the cucumber, avocado, scallions, parsley, tarragon leaves, and chopped chives into a food processor. Process for about 10 seconds. Add the chicken stock, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne. Process for another 10 seconds, until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
Pour the soup into a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, ladle into soup bowls or plates, garnish with a couple of lumps of the crabmeat, and sprinkle with the minced tarragon and minced chives.
NOTE: I like to serve this soup accompanied by thin slices of baguette brushed with melted butter, toasted, and sprinkled with sea salt. Make enough to offer with the Shrimp Malacca.