Green Goddess Dressing
Notes: Chef Peter DeMarais uses reduced-fat sour cream to make a tangy dressing; regular mayonnaise produces a mellower blend. Chervil gives the dressing a subtle licorice flavor; if it's unavailable, delete it and increase tarragon leaves to 1 cup.
This recipe goes with Green Goddess Salad
More From Sunset
- Calories: 56
- Calories from fat: 89%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 96mg
- Cholesterol: 4.8mg
- 1 cup regular mayonnaise or reduced-fat sour cream (see notes)
- 5 cups lightly packed spinach leaves (6 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh tarragon leaves, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh chervil, rinsed and drained (or more tarragon; see notes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 can (2 oz.) anchovies, drained
- In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, spinach leaves, parsley, tarragon leaves, chervil, lemon juice, shallot, and anchovies. Whirl until very smooth. Serve, or chill airtight up to 1 week.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note