Yummy! Have made this a few times and always a hit. Also very easy to make
Green Eggs and Ham
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 10.6g
- Carbohydrate: 23.1g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 592mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut diagonally into 6 slices
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ounce pancetta, diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until tops are toasted. Remove from oven. Turn the slices over; set aside on baking sheet.
- Combine egg substitute, basil, milk, salt, pepper, and egg, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pancetta; sauté 3 minutes or until pancetta begins to crisp. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or just until set, stirring gently.
- Divide egg mixture evenly over bread slices. Top egg mixture with tomatoes, and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until the cheese melts and begins to brown. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch