Delicious! Our go-to recipe for week nights. We love sauces, so I save a little of the sauce prior to adding the egg, and serve with the fritters. Wonderful.
Green Curry Fritters
Global flavors favorite.
Talk about flavor! Green curry paste (found in the Asian-foods section) and chile paste impart tons of savory-spicy-fragrant hits to ground chicken. Only a tiny tweak to this recipe: Our fritters got a little too browned, so we reduced the cooking temperature from medium-high to medium and cooked them a little longer.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 368mg
- Calcium: 8mg
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and the next 7 ingredients (through egg). Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture; mix lightly until combined. Divide into 12 equal portions; gently shape each portion into a small patty (do not pack).
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 6 patties to pan; cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and patties.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note