Green Chili Breakfast Casserole
- 30 ounce(s) frozen hash browns thawed
- 1 cup(s) melted butter
- 2 cup(s) shredded jack cheese
- 2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 roasted green chilis (or 13 oz can/tub)
- 2 cup(s) diced ham or cooked sausage
- 1 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 6 eggs well beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray 9 x 13 baking pan with Pam or other cooking spray. Cook diced onions in 2 tablespoons of butter then add chopped green chilies and saute for 1 or 2 minutes. Mix the sauteed onions and green chilies with the thawed hash browns (you can also salt & pepper the hash browns at this time) and place in the 9 x 13 baking pan. Pour the melted butter over the hash brown mixture and place in oven and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Take hash browns out of the oven and layer cheeses and ham or sausage over potatoes. Beat eggs and canned milk together (you can also add salt & pepper to the eggs and milk). Pour mixture over the potatoes. Place back in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and crusty on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RobynMc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Chili Breakfast Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch