Green Chile-Turkey Pot Pie
This one-dish pot pie is the ultimate in easy. You just spoon a cheesy biscuit topping over a turkey, bean, and green chile filling, and bake.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend (we tested with Sargento)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Sauté green onions in oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 1 minute. Add green chiles and next 3 ingredients; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in beans and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in turkey. Pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Combine 1 cup flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Add cheese, milk, and egg, stirring just until blended. Spread biscuit topping over filling, leaving a 1" border around edge.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until topping is golden and pot pie is bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note