Green Chile-Turkey Pot Pie
This one-dish pot pie is the ultimate in easy. You just spoon a cheesy biscuit topping over a turkey, bean, and green chile filling, and bake.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend (we tested with Sargento)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Sauté green onions in oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 1 minute. Add green chiles and next 3 ingredients; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in beans and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in turkey. Pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Combine 1 cup flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Add cheese, milk, and egg, stirring just until blended. Spread biscuit topping over filling, leaving a 1" border around edge.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until topping is golden and pot pie is bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes