Green chile stew
- 2 pound(s) boneless pork sirloin or shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 3 cup(s) water
- 4 medium potatoes cut in 1/2 in cubes
- 1 can(s) 15 oz hominy drained
- 2 can(s) 4 oz chopped green chile
- 2 tablespoon(s) quick cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1. Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1/2-in. cubes. In a large skillet brown half of the pork in hot oil. Transfer meat to a 3 to 5 quart slow cooker (crock pot). Brown remaining meat with onion. Drain off the fat and transfer meat and onion to the slow cooker.
- 2. Add water, potatoes, hominy, chile peppers, tapioca, garlic salt, salt, black pepper, cumin, and oregano. Cover, cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours, or on high heat setting for 4-5 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JaneBrideau and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note