This is an easy good tasting salsa verde recipe. With a fresh bright taste, much better than store bought. I have made it numerous times, always double the recipe. Use fresh tomatillos, and canned green chilies.
Green Chile Sauce
This sauce combines tangy tomatillos with roasted chiles. If you are unable to get fresh tomatillos, omit the 1/2 teaspoon salt and use 1 (11-ounce) can tomatillos, rinsed and drained, plus 2 tablespoons lime juice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 18
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 138mg
- Calcium: 6mg
- 7 large tomatillos (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped Roasted Anaheim Chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Discard husks and stems of tomatillos. Cook tomatillos in boiling water 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place tomatillos, broth, and remaining ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments